How to take this and other urban shoots of the new couple-
- Don’t let them get run over- never take a chance in traffic. Drivers will be distracted and your liability insurance wont even come close to saving your butt.
- Use your 2nd shooter to the eyes while you shoot. They can let you know if your about to get hit.
- Don’t over pose and stage. you have at this stage of the day takes loads of their pictures. This is a capstone of the day and it should be a cool shot. Your couple wants to party so stop wasting their time.
- Scout the spot before you tear them away from the party inside. Sunset happens so fast so make sure you have the timing right.
- Don’t pose them- yup – I wrote it twice. They are buzzing with all sorts of emotions- so let them play! just snap away at the right exposure.
- On this shot I just told them to twirl and dance and he then lifted her. Nothing else is staged. I love how she kicked her heels up- I wish I can say I told her to do that, but she just did and made the shot.