First Look Styles
It takes a lot of planning to pull of a first look- it can never just be allowed to unfold.
The goal to make it look totally natural on film, but the reality is that every aspect needs to be controlled and planned.
- The planning starts with the most crucial element- make sure they don’t see each other! If you have a 2nd shooter then this is much easier.
- Plan on where it will take place. Ideally you have a location with good light. I remember one of the first ones I did was in a dark room because I just didn’t have anywhere else! it was a tough one and the pictures were just Ok.
- Plan who will approach who. It makes no difference who walks up, but you need to know this.
- Plan on talking quietly and gently to bride and groom before it happens to explain what will happen- they will be freaking out and you need to calm them down.
- Plan on dialing in cameras before it happens- take the few moments before you let the event happen to have correct exposure.
- Plan on making sure 2nd shooter knows his/her role- what is their responsibility.
In other words Plan the hell out of it and make it the most memorable part of the day.
Style Wedding Photography St Louis Missouri Illinois Photographers Weddings Portrait Headshot